Bill Flint, President/ CEO | Flint Strategic Partners | email@example.com |Cell: 574-596-2384
A disciplined, energetic, entrepreneurial and servant leader; Bill Brings 40+ years of business experience in the manufacturing and selling of industrial and consumer products. 30 of those years spent in senior leadership. Bill brings a unique combination of real world and hands on experience leading people and companies. During his career he has worked for; Libby Owens Ford Glass (Plastics Div), AEP Industries, W.R. Grace, Flambeau Corp. and JB Poindexter Co., in two different divisions. During Bill’s career he has lived in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Wisconsin and Indiana.
In 2010, Bill full-filled his dream of owning his own business by starting a management consulting firm to help small and mid-size organizations improve their results. Then in 2013 he was offered a position with one of his clients, Open Range RV, as VP Sales & Marketing. In February 2014, Bill led the Open Range efforts to sell its company to Jayco Corporation. When the deal was completed, Jayco asked Bill to stay on as VP / GM with full P&L responsibility. The company name for Open Range was then changed to Highland Ridge RV after the transaction. During Bill’s 3 ½ years of leadership with Open Range / Highland Ridge RV, annual sales grew from $100 million to $190 million. Thor Corporation purchased Highland Ridge RV / Jayco Corp. in November of 2016 and Bill has since re- started his consulting firm.
- Total of 13 years as President of two separate companies. EFP Corp, headquartered in Elkhart, Indiana with three manufacturing facilities in three states with annual sales of $35 million. Also Flambeau Corp. headquartered in Baraboo, Wisconsin with 10 manufacturing facilities, including plants in Mexico and England. During his twelve year tenure at Flambeau Corp, he held the titles of VP of Sales & Marketing, Executive VP and President. , with sales growing from $40 million to $200 million.
- Led the development of new business and suppliers in China, Mexico and Europe.
- Responsible for building Greenfield facilities in Wisconsin and Mexico and in 2016 built a new 95,000 sq.ft state of the art facility for Highland Ridge RV in Indiana.
- Bill has also led the efforts in three M&A transactions during his career.
- Drove operational improvements through the implementation of companywide training programs, including Servant Leadership based on the book he wrote, The Journey To Competitive Advantage Through Servant Leadership, introduction of ISO & TS quality systems, Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement implementation at two companies.
- Creates environment of “open communication", team building and the sharing of ideas among all associates and key metrics to help drive results and accountability.
- Leadership experience includes Fortune 500, mid-sized companies, union, non-union, public, private, family owned and portfolio companies.
Sales and Marketing: (22 years experience)
- Positions: Field Sales, Regional Sales Manager, Product Manager, Market Development Manager Sales & Marketing Manager and VP of Sales & Marketing.
- Product Experience: Contract manufacturing, custom and proprietary products sold into Industrial, Consumer and Retail Markets.
- Sales Channel Experience and Leadership: Direct Sales Force, Dealers, Distributors, Manufacturing Reps and Telemarketing.
- Markets Served: Automotive Tier 1 and 2; Plastics, Packaging, Transportation (RV, Bus), Agriculture Equipment, Lawn / Garden Equipment, Appliance, Furniture, Medical, Outdoor Recreation, Electronics, Office Equipment.
Servant Leadership Development – Growing Leaders and a Sense of Team
Strategic Thinking, Planning, Tactics and Implementation
Sales Growth and Profit Improvement
Building Customer Relationships
Coaching and Mentoring Programs
Author of the Book: the Journey to Competitive Advantage Through Servant Leadership and the trademarked Servant Leadership teaching and training process of the same name.
Developed the Proprietary and trademarked sales process called: The Sales & Marketing Cycle™. A continuous improvement process developed to help companies build profitable, consistent and sustainable sales growth.
Groups and Associations:
Church Board Member Nappanee Missionary Church, Nappanee, Indiana.
Board Directors, ETHOS Inc., Elkhart, Indiana (A Non-Profit) that works with school systems in Indiana to develop science curriculum and train teachers.
Certified Business Advisor the Organization for Entrepreneurial Development
Bill and his wife, Kay, teach the Young Married Sunday School class at Nappanee Missionary Church
Virginia Western—A.A Degree—Business Management
National Business College—Studied Accounting
New York University:Certificate in Injection Molding